miércoles, marzo 02, 2005

instant playback

he asked if he could borrow my video cam. i said sure. and taught him how to use it. there were many people in the room, friends, families, his wife. and the way we stood so close together must have told them something about us. but they were quiet, lenient with us.

but still i couldn't look him in the eye. i touched his arm, joked and made him smile, but not look into his eyes. and he was worse. he just stood there looking at my hand pressing the buttons, doing this and that. my words lost in things not said.

we were standing too close. and i felt we recreated a world, a space, a crack in the real here and now where for a split second we could be possible.

i wanted to tell him to take very good care of my Sony. that i lost one toe nail to get it (the toe nail has since grown). that under no circumstance would he let anybody else use it or hold it. but i didn't. trusting that atleast he'd be more careful with my things. if not with me.

but time has not forgotten our trespass. i had to end the demonstration. there are only so much one can teach another. on taking shots, focusing, playback...

we had to move back to our separate worlds. a wife was waiting impatiently at the door. and my moi was somewhere waiting for my reply to his question if i had lunch yet.

12 comentarios:

Blogger :..M..: ha dicho...

:)

"and my moi was somewhere waiting for my reply to his question if i had lunch yet."

Reminds me of my long-time ago moi.

*grin* Yeah..you're doomed.

10:57 a. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

a friend once told me that you'd know you're in love when as you eat, you wonder if your boyfriend has already eaten. i think it's very accurate.

6:32 p. m.  
Blogger :..M..: ha dicho...

Now I can't agree or disagree with that until I actually do feel that way.

But until then, I know I'm love..because..well..I know. If that's a good enough answer to fall back upon.

12:17 a. m.  
Blogger Ingrid C. ha dicho...

It’s when it rains and you immediately wonder if he brought a jacket. It’s when you’re eating something delicious and you wish he could taste it, too. Fundamental things like that. You know what I meant.

10:29 a. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

mussolini: yes, you dispense wisdom just like that.

m: it's just good to know.

10:40 a. m.  
Blogger {illyria} ha dicho...

it's when he says you've ruined him for other women and you have no words to tell him how much that meant.

10:45 a. m.  
Blogger paningit ha dicho...

> love is when you fart and your partner smells it and his/her comment wouldn't matter because you know you couldn't gross him/her out.

> love is when your partner has got the shits, and he's/she's too weak to wipe his/her own ass and you do it for him/her.

> love is when both you don't have the slightest fuckin' clue what the hell is goin' on, but somehow you both sit back and enjoy the ride.

> i've run out of stupid things to say... so i think i'll just go now.

11:34 a. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

jax and paningit: for guys, you are too romantic. hahaha. not mocking, just enjoying the thought.

7:07 p. m.  
Blogger paningit ha dicho...

i'm not romantic. i'm dark, and mysterious, and... oh nevermind.

10:48 a. m.  
Blogger :..M..: ha dicho...

I couldn't help reading the comments and grinning. Hehe..romantics!

1:54 a. m.  
Blogger ennui ha dicho...

I'm really impressed with the way you write nowadays. I missed this side of you in college when you had me read some of your work in your notebook. Those were days of idealistic inspiration ...

2:29 p. m.  
Blogger ennui ha dicho...

Jax - the world should have more people who think this way Ü

10:13 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio