lunes, junio 06, 2005

what2thinkwhat2dowhat2drink

waiter! your strongest beer. he leaves with a nod.the short, bald man at the corner table dances like an orangutan asking for a banana. his pot belly heavy on his bowed legs. i look at him in disgust.

the beer comes with a glass filled with ice. i drink from the bottle. the steinie feels heavy on my weakened wrist. robert moves aside the thin strap of my white cotton blouse. places a finger on the tattoo on my back. is this real? yeah. and i smile. in the nonchalant way i just discovered i know how.

i sit at the edge of the table. a leg dangles, the other foot firm on the concrete. a cigarette travels back and forth to the lips, to rest on one knee.

in the haze of smoke that rises too quickly and lingers too long over our heads, i see him. i don't wanna wait in vain for your love. i don't wanna wait in vain for your love. cause summer is here and i'm still waiting. winter is here and i have been waiting.

i need to pee. the guard looks at me, wondering perhaps how fast he'd be to catch me if my steps wobble and i fall. but i walk fine. i'm stronger than my beer.

in the cubicle, i thank the patron saint of the janitors. a fat roll of tissue cries out to me from the dispenser. rip me off, use me, discard me. look at me in disgust.

back on my perch on the table. a guy hands me a beer. thanks. and i look away as i take a hit. my eyes water from the smoke. i look with renewed disgust at sub-human at the corner doing another round of orangutan wants a banana number.

7 comentarios:

Blogger paningit ha dicho...

i told you to smoke marley. heh.

7:32 p. m.  
Blogger {illyria} ha dicho...

this is one of your best posts ever. ever. and you owe me a story. and i am jealous of the guy who moved aside your blouse's strap. i alone should have liberties like these--with male or female friends.

9:41 a. m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy ha dicho...

think i'll move to the phillipines. must be something in the air. great. great. great post.

8:35 p. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

pan: in 2 week's time i will. i'm going south where liberties like that is acceptable. well, atleast i think so.

jax: you drink jboag & sons?

trans: mahal, don't be jealous. and yes, we need to talk. i've so much to learn from you.

cj: if you can take the traffic, come on over! we have fun every now and then, especially when we have to oust a president.

10:06 a. m.  
Blogger Ingrid C. ha dicho...

yours is the kind of observation i want to have. you have the ability to see everyday things in slow motion, which is why you write so well.

12:49 p. m.  
Blogger paningit ha dicho...

i just realized. a fellow beer dinker. strong beer drinker. yeah! chest bumps all over the place! yeah!

7:39 p. m.  
Blogger ennui ha dicho...

i hate u for drinking so much and not having a huge belly! ;)

10:43 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio