jueves, julio 07, 2005

life on the catwalk

But you gave away the things you loved
And one of them was me
I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee,
andYou're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
- Carly Simon

you walk and everyone stares at the sway of your hips, the bob of your head. you've got a bored look in your eyes and as you cross the street, cars, buses and trains halt on their tracks. eyes follow you as you disappear. there you go- one foot infront of the other, in successive purposiveness.

big shot holds his frosted beer glass as manly as he can muster. boys' night out at the most happening club right smack in the middle of Babylon city. so far so good. he does not know it yet but at the corner table sits his plaything tonight. another round! on me.

i've got a question, she says. why did he leave me just like that? because. (because that's just the way it is most times). get over it already.

eyes on me. i live. i thrive on your attention. i feed on the hunger in your eyes. does that make you sweat? you can touch, you know. but i do not guarantee your satisfaction. only mine.

yes, she was vain. egomaniacal bitch- i'd spit on her! does that make me wish i was her? absolutely. drinks for all!

the self is the hardest to accept. but why should i surrender to some psychoanalyst babble? this is me as i see fit. (and nobody really knows you).

let's walk away from this. let's make them watch and plea for their own freedom.

9 comentarios:

Blogger ennui ha dicho...

"the self is the hardest to accept."

so true. the self is also the hardest to forgive, the hardest to believe in.

another round on me!!

2:09 a. m.  
Blogger Ingrid C. ha dicho...

lychee martini coming up.

9:33 a. m.  
Blogger :..M..: ha dicho...

Psychoanalyst babble??? No..no! I'm one of those who babble!

On another note, the self makes us greedy coz we want to know more about it (the self). Keeping that in mind, we psychologists will never be outta work!

(I've never tasted a lychee martini. Now you make me want to, mussolini.)

10:57 a. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

ennui: actually, the original text was, the self is the hardest to believe."

mussolini: lychee martini? it's been a while since you talked alcohol.

:..m..: : didn't mean to offend you. interesting field you're in. any exceptionally interesting cases?

1:57 p. m.  
Blogger {illyria} ha dicho...

are you talking about me? LOL! sorry, i just had to say that. i'm toasting every 5 percent alcohol i have to you, bismuth.

5:09 p. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

trans! haha. a little bit.

5:17 p. m.  
Blogger :..M..: ha dicho...

Normally, yes. I've all sorts of stories to tell about my work experiences. :)

Wasn't offended at all. Infact, I thought it was quite funny.

5:35 p. m.  
Blogger paningit ha dicho...

i have no concept of "the self." which makes me pretty much like a sponge and accept, and believe, and forgive everything. i'm a sponge and my name is bob... yeah, that's right, bobsponge equilateraltrianglepants.

6:50 p. m.  
Blogger bismuth ha dicho...

:..m..: oh, please tell. : )

pan: equilateraltriangle pants! that reminded me of my trigo teacher in H.S. he was hot.

9:41 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio