miércoles, marzo 22, 2006

number 8

this summer of guitar riffs and drum base keeping time heartbeats around us, once again fire burns. taking off my coat, my back is bare to the humid air. as i bide my time with a glass of beer, i drink in your gaze- wondering when we finally kiss.

you gingerly hold my hand and ask me to dance. and to the reggae music we sway, knowing only ourselves in this moment. both of your hands on my hips as i feel your breath on the waves of my short hair. you have never seen me more pretty you said. and you sing to the band.

i cannot remember when i turned around. i remember only full lips on mine. soft and wet. my lower lip grazing the stubbles on your chin. this be my summer love.

and later as i rest my head on your shoulder, you lean and whisper, i left you no choice.

4 comentarios:

Blogger ennui ha dicho...

i don't see the romance in beer but i understand the rapture of a first time kiss, the vulnerability of not knowing how much u can take.

cheers to u and ur figure 8's. we should really catch up soon Ü

1:06 a. m.  
Blogger slim whale ha dicho...

oh yes, love always comes in summer. just hope this one doesn't leave when the rain starts falling...

happy for you.

4:44 a. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

a good write. a good read.

9:31 a. m.  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy ha dicho...

summer romance? those were the days. and oh for a first time kiss like that.

5:47 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio