miércoles, diciembre 20, 2006

between the devil and the deep blue sea

pretty boy quite drunk apologizes. with his dark brown eyes he looks at me and asks if he can be forgiven for not forgetting my pink stringed bikini. he says he does not know how and will forever wonder if i had said yes that other drunken night, would it have been good. i wonder if it’s really worth his wait. he laughs when i say: i’m sure when i’m sixty, i’ll regret saying no to your body. “then are you sleeping with him?”, he nods towards dave by the bar. smiling, i take a sip of my beer. “i guess i’m the devil then,” he holds my hand for a moment and leans down to plant a kiss good night.

dave walks back to my side and links my arm with his. i lean my head on his chest, just below his chin. i know every night he finds it difficult to sleep. he still waits for her. and the aching in my heart stings as the evening grows deep.

pretty boy in the corner smiles. i’ve no answer for him.

4 comentarios:

Blogger Russell CJ Duffy ha dicho...

lucky pretty boy in the corner.
or not.

11:05 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

woe to those who believe that you have turned into the devil, because you are not, and cannot be. you are too romantic for the job.

11:13 a. m.  
Blogger ... ha dicho...

Bismuth, you lovely little vixen, I'm sure you torment the poor boy.

This reminds me of the time I locked eyes with Jessica Biel at a bar in Somerville. We drowned in each other's eyes for a good 3 seconds. I heard she's dating Derek Jeter now. That's ridiculous. She's my girl. Everybody knows this.

1:33 p. m.  
Blogger {illyria} ha dicho...

i agree with subzero. wearing your heart on your sleeve is not the devil's accoutrement.

2:02 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio